Wings of Skill Wins 48 Medals at Meet
From Staff Reports
On June 9, one of the fastest-growing track clubs in the State of Tennessee, finished second at one of the state’smost competitive track meets, the fifth annual Williamson Youth Invitational.
The meet hosted clubs from Middle Tennessee.
Teams such as the Williamson Youth, who placed first in the meet (they’ve been around seven plus years); Wings of Skill Youth, who placed second overall (they’ve been around two years); Trial By Fire Youth (they’ve been around four plus years); On the Right Track (they’ve been around more than five years); Training Ground; Tennessee Athletic Project; Tennessee Cheetahs; Continental T-Belles (they’ve been around more than 31 years); Nashville Illusions; Rutherford County (they’ve been around more than six years); 4 MULA and Speed City Track Club participated in the meet.
“We are excited about the growth of track and field in Middle Tennessee and Williamson County,” said James T. Johnson with the Wings of Skill. “Our team is very young but we have kids performing at meets as though they have been participating for several years. The results of this past meet do not really surprise me because we have a great group of coaches, parents and student-athletes who have taken ownership of our club. This alone produces great results for our team.”
During the meet, there were five athletes who emerged from the Wings of Skill Youth organization obtaining National Elite Standards.
Kyle Lucero, a rising sophomore at Summit High School, ran the the 3000m Run in 10:49.43 beating his own personal record by about 53 seconds.
Kyle later came back and improved his 1500m Run by six seconds. This is a huge improvement for athletes who are preparing for the TSSAA State Championship Games.
Nathan Johnson, a rising freshman at Independence High School, obtained the National Elite’s List in the 100m Hurdles with a time of 16.00, and Nathan also added the High Jump and the Triple Jump to his National Elite standings.
Briana Thompson, from Spring Hill High School, high jumped 4’6”. She was jumping for the very first time and placed first at the meet in the Intermediate category.
Hannah Johnson, of Heritage Middle School, placed first in the Discus Throw in the Midget category with a distance of over 66 feet.
Ella Willow reached National Elite Standards in the Bantam category by running an elite time of 3:10.87 in the 800m Run.
Wings of Skill Youth took 37 student-athletes into the Williamson County meet and won 24 Gold Medals, 11 Silver Medals and 14 Bronze Medals, a total of 48 medals in all.
Williamson Youth Track Club which practices at Ravenwood, had over 50 athletes more than the Wings of Skill Youth Track Club in the meet. The up and rising Wings of Skill Youth club has increased its competitive participation by more than 30 percent from the previous season.
1. Devonte Favors (Bantam Age Category) 800m Run/Gold Medal; 1500m Run/Gold Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
2. Xiere Howard (Bantam) 1500m Run/Bronze Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
3. Josef Povlovich (Bantam) 800m Run/Bronze Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
4. Keaton Rodgers (Bantam) 200m Dash/Bronze Medal; 400m Dash/Silver
5. Parker Sines (Bantam) 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
6. Dylan MCCan (Midget) Discus Throw/Silver Medal; Shot Put/Silver Medal
7. Taylor Sheffield (Midget) 400m Dash/Gold Medal; 80m Hurdles/Bronze Medal; Long Jump/Gold Medal
8. Nathan Johnson (Youth) 100m Hurdles/Silver Medal; Triple Jump/Gold Medal; High Jump/Gold Medal
9. James Washington (Youth) Discus Throw/Bronze Medal
10. Connor Weed (Youth) Shot Put/Bronze Medal
11. William Breaux (Intermediate) 400m Dash/Bronze Medal
12. Kyle Lucero (Intermediate) 3000m Run/Bronze Medal
13. Jailyn Banks (Sub-Bantam) 200m Dash/Bronze Medal
14. Kayla Sines (Sub Bantam) 100m Dash/Gold Medal; 400m Dash/Gold Medal; Shot Put/Gold Medal
15. Ella Willow (Bantam) 800m Run/Silver Medal
16. Sara Brunner (Midget) Long Jump/Silver Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
17. Brennan Brown (Midget) Discus Throw/Silver Medal
18. Elise Jackson (Midget) 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
19. Hannah Johnson (Midget) Discus Throw/Gold Medal; Shot Put/Gold Medal; 4X400m Relay/ Gold Medal
20. Brittany Swayze (Midget) 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
21. Maria Botha (Youth) 800m Run/Silver Medal; 3000m Run/Bronze Medal; Long Jump/Silver Medal
22. Moria Sims (Youth) High Jump/Gold Medal
23. Kristian Dean (Intermediate) 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
24. Sydney MCFarlin (Intermediate) 100m Dash/Silver Medal; 200m Dash/Bronze Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
25. Alexis Munoz (Intermediate) 800m Run/Silver Medal; Long Jump/Bronze Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
26. Briana Thompson (Intermediate) High Jump/Bronze Medal; 4X400m Relay/Gold Medal
Fifth Annual Williamson Youth Invitational Overall Meet Results:
Individual Event Results: