Photo by Smotherman Images
The "Spirit Run" Race for the Schools is coming up again on March 13th in Newport, California. This is one our favorite Youth Runs in Southern California. It includes races for the little kids and a 5K that attracts some of the fast middle schoolers in the area.
If you live in So Cal this would be a great event to add to your calendar.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons to Join Spirit Run
1.Spirit Run has something for every age, from toddlers to grandparents. It offers events for walkers and joggers as well as elite athletes.
- Spirit Run’s events include:
- Mile – 9 mile races for age 4 & up, including 4 for adults
- 5k – Separate 5k for adults and kids (high school & under)
- 15k – Race 10k and 5k, times combined and ranked
- 5k Family Walk – Open to all ages
- Toddler Trot – Age 3 & younger
Register and compete in multiple events and you will be eligible to win in each one!
2. Cool Medals.
Each youth finisher receives a Spirit Run Finisher Medal.
Spirit Run also awards winner medals and prizes to over 200 competitors.
- $2,000 Cash Prize Purse in Elite and Sub Elite Miles
- Spa Gregorie’s massage in Elite and Sub Elite Miles and 15k
- Blaze Pizza for a year in Youth 5k and mile races and Adult 5k and 10k
- Yard House “Burger and Brew” for adults in the Open Mile
- Baking Betty’s cookies in Youth 5k and Youth Mile races
Competitors may compete in multiple races and are eligible to win in each one
3. Run with your best friend.
We realize many of you enjoy running with your four-legged family members. Due to popular demand Spirit Run is introducing the Dog Mile!
The Dog Mile is chip timed for those seeking to test their speed with their dogs. Casual joggers of all ages are also invited to run.
Spirit Run is also adding a Dog Expo in its Youth & Fitness Expo. Watch your emails and Spirit Run’s Website in the coming weeks for more details.
4. Enjoy Spirit Run’s Youth and Fitness Expo
Before and after your races, please visit Spirit Run’s Youth & Fitness Expo. Last year’s expo included the following. We anticipate 2017 will have the same and more!
Gourmet pancake breakfast by Plum’s Cafe
KIND bars and other finish line food and beverages
Running shoes and apparel
Rock Climbing Wall
Mini Skate Park
Interactive Sealife Outreach Truck
Mini Obstacle Course
Live Music by CDM Vocal Ensembles, Jazz Band, and Drumline
5. Celebrate Fitness, Family and Community
Spirit Run is about more than running. Spirit Run is a community and family event, and its net proceeds benefit youth education and fitness.
So lace up your shoes and celebrate your commitment to fitness with family and/or friends.