Girls Track Team has awesome performance at West Shore Conference
The BMS Girls Track Team had another awesome performance at the WestShore Conference meet this past Saturday. The girls finished second place overall and had an amazing SIX first place finishes out of 15 events. On top of that, the girls broke five more school records including one that has been around since 1982!!
Here are some of the statistics from this season:
- Milana Scarlato (7th grade): 200H
- Annie McArn (8): Long Jump
- 4x200: Mikayla Nemetz (7), Meredin Oster (7), Hannah Goebel (8), Megan Garrity (7)
- Jenna Mossbruger (7): 200
- Hanna Cole (7): 100H
- Milana Scarlato (7): 100
- 4x400: Megan Garrity (7), Hannah Goebel (8), Mikayla Nemetz (7), Emma Smith (8)
- Abby Christel (8): mile and 800
- Meredin Oster (7): high jump
- Kaylie Harden (8): pole vault
- Emma Smith (8): 400
- Amanda Cusimano (7): 800-although Amanda did not win this event, her time of 2:35 still broke the school record that has been in place since 1982! Congrats Amanda!
- Amanda Cusimano (7): mile-this was her second school record of the day as she SMASHED the old record. The old record was set earlier this year at 5:40-Amanda ran her mile in an amazing 5 minutes, 27 seconds!
- 4x100: Olivia Bechtel (8), Milana Scarlato (7), Kaylie Harden (8), and Lydia Barnes (8)-their time of 52.6 broke the record set last year
- Olivia Bechtel (8): both the 100 and 400-her time of 12.4 in the 100 broke her own record from last year and was her second record of the day
- Lydia Barnes (8): both the 200 and 200H-her time of 26.9 in the 200 broke her own record set earlier this year and was her second record of the day
Special congratulations to 8th graders Lydia Barnes and Olivia Bechtel who were the only athletes in the conference to win every event they ran. For the year, the team finished 5-1 overall in their meets, took 2nd in the WSC meet, and broke a total of seven school records! Quite a season for these track ladie