Our inaugural 2011 high school running camp was a huge success. A number of individuals and teams applied what they learned at our camp and had stellar cross-country seasons. We'd like to congratulate a few of our top performing camp alumni:
- California's San Clemente High School girls team, led by camp attendees Melissa Eisele and Molly Mann, won the Division I state title
- San Francisco University High School's Bridget Blum, Holland Reynolds, Jennie Callan, Sydney Locksley, and Jamie Kerester guided their team to a Division V victory while teammate Connor Clark placed second in the boys race
- Arizona's Cibola High School runner Bernie Montoya repeated as state champion
State Champion Bernie Montoya (far left) and his Cibola team at the Grand Canyon
New for 2012!
Now that the new year has begun, we're excited to share with you the latest information about this year's camp.
- Save the date! The camp will be held from July 22 - 27, 2012
- Sign up now! You can secure your spot by going here. Space in the camp is limited and spots are reserved based on the order deposits are received. If you are interested, we suggest you reserve your spot soon. This is especially important for teams.
- As with last year, adidas will provide a FREE pair of shoes to all members of teams (5 or more athletes) that attend the camp.
- We've moved our camp headquarters to a new location. We're pleased to announce that all activities, including lodging and dining, will be located in the intimate Flagstaff Bordertown Dormitory. These newly refurbished facilities are across the street from 219-acre Thorpe Park, Flagstaff's largest city park. The dorm is also located near Observatory Mesa, from where endless miles of dirt roads and trails can be easily accessed.
The newly constructed Kinlani Dorms offer campers suite-style accommodations
- Please visit and "like" our new Facebook Page here. We'll post new camp updates as they become available
Camp Counselors to Compete in the US Olympic Marathon Trials
Follow your camp counselors as they head to the 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials. adidas-McMillanElite members Brett Gotcher, Nick Arciniaga, Jordan Horn, Danny Mercado, Stephanie Rothstein, and Emily Harrison will head to Houston, Texas, on January 14 to compete for a spot on the Olympic Marathon Team.
You can follow the adidas-McMillanElite team at www.mcmillanelite.com and on twitter: @mcmillanelite