Fox Valley Marathon09/18/11
Start Time: 7:00 AM
It may be hard to believe because the shady, flat, fast river course was hard to match anywhere in the country, and a highlight for 2010 runners.
The marathon course will be USATF certified again this year and the Fox Valley Marathon will again be a certified Boston Qualifier. With the course changes we’re making it should be even faster.
While many runners begged us “Don’t change a thing!”, we have no doubt you’ll love the 2011 changes even more, including…
- New marathon course highlights: ~ Batavia’s scenic Riverwalk ~ 2 miles of Aurora’s West River Trail
- More river paths in the full marathon race
- Elimination of the hill at marathon mile 17 (no animals were hurt in removing the hill)
- 2.5 more miles of shaded roads at the start to allow runners to spread out before reaching the river path
- All races see significantly reduced 2-way traffic
- No path sharing with events other than the FVM races
- Begins: Sep 18, 2011
- Ends: Sep 18, 2011
, St. Charles, IL